Monday, December 20, 2010

Hola, From San Ignacio!

Sorry its taken me so long to post pictures, you{ll also have to excuse this post, its in reverse order. At the moment I am in San Ignacio in Baja South. Its been a long and hard road up to here, the riding has been not very nice and at times even regrettable. I have had several mechanical problems which I have just begun to get a handle on. Everything came to a head 3 days ago where in a fit of frustration I hitch-hiked 200km to the nearest town so I could sort out my bike. I{m glad to say that I fixed it myself and I think there is still some of this trip to salvage. Everyone I have run into says that Baja doesn{t get nice until now and from here on the riding is much more scenic. I{ll take lots of pictures and let you know how things go.
One of my campsites, nearby Camalu the people whos home it was adjacent to were quite freindly and even brought dinner out to me. For all of those people who I told riding 1600km with a surf board was ridiculous, the first person I came across was making an attempt. He admitted it was ridiculous.


People keep horses in the most unlikely places.

This is the U.S.S. Midway in San Diego, you could go on board but I decided to save my money.

Everything I took with me is in this photo (excluding the bike).







No comments:

Post a Comment