Friday, December 10, 2010

Its better to be fit...

Yesterday I started riding, and now I'm exhausted! Who would have thought riding 80km with touring gear would be so hard, i remember it being easy. It was my plan to only ride to Tijuana but I got there at 11:30am and decided to keep going. I arrived in Rosarito yesterday at about 2pm. My first impressions of Mexico are fairly good. The food has been great and I have been helped by several people so far when I got lost bypassing Tijuana.
Along the way I ended up getting turned around at a toll booth on a road that didn't allow bikes. So, I detoured around the booth, snuck through an empty lot a few km down the road, hopped a concrete abutment and was right back on my way. The toll road was the scenic road after all and I didn't want to be stuck on the non-scenic road, that's not why i ride.
Today I decided to stay in Rosarito, the last few days have been somewhat tiring and I didn't get a lot of sleep in the Hostel I was staying at, is it just me or are all hostels full of weird people who never stop talking?
Have only taken a few pictures so far, the cityscapes haven't been very inspiring and the scenic road I trespassed on only had scenery of an endless string of unfinished condo buildings. I'll post some soon.

-B

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brad
    Hope you are staying safe down there as nothing posted on your blog for awhile! Where are you now. Your missing lots of cold weather up here!
    take care
    Scott

    ReplyDelete